My sweet Brady always amazes me with the things that he says and does. These are a few of the recent ones that I do not want to forget...
- a week or so ago, Evan was fussing in his car seat waiting for us to head out the door to Brady's school. I turn around from inside the kitchen to see and hear Brady leaning over him, praying for him. I almost cried! After Brady said "Amen" he said, "Mommy I prayed for Evan so he is all better now" How sweet!!
- With Evan teething, he has been fussier than usual and - frustrated from constantly hearing it, I said out loud: "Oh, Evan, you keep fussing. PLEASE stop fussing!" Brady, without missing a beat...very calmly, said "Mommy, he is a baby, babies fuss. That is what they do." So wise!
- After getting Brady up from his nap, I told him that I was tired. He asked me why I was tired so I told him because I had stayed up too late the night before. All groggy and sleepy-eyed, he says "Mommy that is what grown-ups do, they stay up late. They just do." I said "Oh really, they do?" Brady - "Yes, Mommy; they do. Grown-ups stay up late and kids go to bed early."
- Always encouraging, my sweet Brady Mac always has an encouraging word for me...some of my favorites lately...."Mommy, have I told you lately that I am proud of you. You are doing a good job, Mommy. You are doing good work as a Mommy." and another...."You rock it out, girl!"
- Brady and Evan have quite a bond. Ever since Evan has come home I do not think Brady has ever wanted - not even for one second - to have Evan somewhere different from him nor he somewhere without Evan...even in one of his most yucky moods, phases, etc....these have never been directed toward Evan. A couple of weeks back, when we were in Atlanta visiting family, Pop Pop & MiMi were discussing having Evan stay at their house with them, without missing a beat Brady said "No, he can't stay here. He has to go home with me, he's my baby brother."