Voting

Friday, October 18, 2013

Sweet Slumber

is what I am praying for my sweet Brady. I just said "Good Night" to Brady for his first sleepover.  His best bud - Grayson - turned 8 yesterday so he had a fun front yard bonfire super hero birthday party for a couple of friends.  We all hung out enjoying the beautiful crisp Fall weather and then it was time for me to put the little ones down so I had to say goodbye to Brady.  Grayson invited the older boys to sleep over.  Brady was very excited to go to his first sleepover - especially at Grayson's.  

This afternoon when he got home from school we were talking about the sleepover and Brady said "Mommy, can I bring Lucky (his stuffed frog) and my blanket over to Grayson's to sleep with so I can be comfortable."  I said "Yes, you can bring Lucky and your blanket.  If you are not comfortable, bud, you can stay here.  You do not have to spend the night."  He said "No, mom, I want to stay there but where will you be?"  I said "I will be here, sleeping here in my bed". Brady - "Okay, mom, I just want to make sure you are going to be okay."  He is so sweet....he was worried about me.

So tonight when I carried his bag over with his jammies, toothbrush, etc.  he came running out of Grayson's room, wrapped his arms so tightly around me, and said "MOMMY.....I love you." and would not let me go for a good, solid minute....so sweet.

Another first!


    All dressed up for the bday fun 🎈

No comments: