Voting

Sunday, November 11, 2012

Weighty Words

There are times as a Mom that I wish my kids would just close their mouths....either it is just too much, too many words or what is coming out of their mouths that I can not handle....sometimes both. 

In the middle of all the "noise" there are little nuggets of sweetness that escape their lips that warm my soul like chicken noodle soup when I have a cold. 

This past Thursday I was given one such nugget....while laying in the chair and a half with Brady reading for school, he was laying against the back of the chair and I was laying next to him on the edge of the chair, he looked at me and said: "Mommy, I like laying like this with you."  I said: "You do, why bud?"  He said: "I feel cozy, you make me feel safe...safe from the whole world, safe from strangers."  I said: "I do, bud?  That makes me very happy. I hope you always feel safe with Mommy because I love you so much and I would do anything for you to be safe."  It was very difficult to keep the tears from flowing...be still my heart!

No comments: