Voting

Saturday, May 25, 2013

BEDlam

has been invited to my house.  Chris and I (okay, not fair to share the blame with someone who did not ask for it) decided to move Maddox in to the bedroom with Brady & Evan.  I found a loft bed on Craigslist that was elevated for Evan but not as high as the top bunk that Brady sleeps in.  I painted it and we put it in Brady & Evan's room next to their bunkbeds. 


Evan's first time in his new bed - 5/24/13
Then we moved Maddox into the bottom bunk that Evan used to sleep in.  He looked so tiny in that big full bed.  He was so excited to sleep in his big boy bed - "new beeg bed, mommy."  But he definitely was much more excited to be sleeping in the same bedroom with his brothers.  They are his favorite people on the planet!

Maddox in his big boy bed for the first time - 5/24/13
I am probably crazy for doing this....odds are I will regret it.  I won't know unless I try it and the extra space with the nursery freed up will be nice to have.  Last night they all did great....went right to sleep.  We went to a friend's house for a get together so the kids went to bed later than usual.  It helped as they were so worn out that the novelty of all being together was overshadowed by their fatigue.  The first night was a success.  Night two - tonight - not so well, as I am typing this, Chris had to evict Maddox and put him back in his crib in the nursery.  After many warnings and the threat of an eviction, it had to be done.  He and Evan were just being too rambunctious and chatty.  All the while, Brady was out cold!  Hopefully, with Maddox's disappointment over the "move", tomorrow night will go much smoother.  Here's hoping...

No comments: