Voting

Friday, May 10, 2013

Guess who is wearing underwear?

           This guy....
So after a couple of months of using the potty pretty well I knew it was time to REALLY potty train (out of diapers and in underwear) Maddox. The tricky part was - the typical tricky part with everything these days - scheduling the best time to do it amongst the juggling act that is our lives right now.

 I felt like if we had a week at home we could do it...again the tricky part.  With the end of the school year approaching, all of our activities were coming to an end - story time, music class, etc. - so we finally had a week with nothing much on the calendar.  I also knew we had to do it BEFORE Brady & Evan were done with school.  The distraction of them at home would be too much to be successful.  Last week was our week!  I ended up subbing at Prince of Peace's MDO program on Tuesday so we had a partial week to try it.  We stayed home all day Wednesday and Thursday and wore underwear.  I tried the same tactic with him that I tried with his brothers.  With underwear that brandishes their favorite characters, I teach them that they do not want to pee or poop on their friends...that it is gross.  So we wore Thomas underwear.  We wore Toy Story underwear.  He peed in his underwear a few times the first couple of days.  I started wondering if maybe he wasn't ready yet.  Maybe I was forgetting how to do this....amazing how long ago two years seems in these moments.  Friday we had to leave the house so I could teach my class at the gym.  I put a pull on diaper on Maddox since we would not be home for about an hour and a half.  It had Tigger on it so we had the "Do not pee on Tigger, he is our friend" talk.  He kept Tigger dry at the gym.  We went home so we could put underwear on and continue the process....he stayed dry all day.  I was so excited.  Day three and he was dry all day....would it be that easy?

Saturday we left the house for a Kentucky Derby party and he kept the Tigger pull on diaper dry.  Two days dry...YEA!! Sunday we left for church in the morning and small group in the evening and he stayed dry in his pull on diaper.  On Monday we stayed home all day in underwear and he did great....not a single accident. 

The BIG test was upon us...leaving the house in underwear.  On Tuesday we left for MOPS and Maddox did great.  He stayed dry all day.  Wednesday I subbed at Prince of Peace's MDO again and Maddox wore underwear there and....yes....he STAYED DRY!!!  So he just is wearing underwear everywhere he goes now and is doing fine!  I am very excited and I pray it lasts.  Of course, this also means another step toward "no more babies". 

I sure do love my little man in underwear!



No comments: