Voting

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

"I pledge allegiance to the Bible, God's holy word, I will make it a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path, I will hide it's words in my heart, that I might not sin against God."

Brady busted out with that last week...without prompting and - I kid you not - I teared up with tears of joy! There were many reasons for my tears. The sweetness and the meaning in what he said was paramount. The fact that he memorized that amazed me. Also the fact that EVERY day that I pick him up from preschool I ask him what he did, what he learned, etc. and he usually answers with "I don't know" or "I don't remember" or "lots of stuff". The only way that I ever hear about things at school are when they come up in conversations. So when he busted out with his Bible pledge while playing with me in his playroom, I was ecstatic! I thought I would see what else he had learned and didn't share with me! I grabbed the monthly calendars off of the fridge from his teacher (there is a monthly verse on the bottom of each one). I asked him what his verse was for the month and - with only having been in school for 4 days in October at that point - he spouted it off - REFERENCE TOO! So I asked him about September's verse and he knew that one too!!! I LOVE it, I am very proud of my little Bible student and very thankful for this opportunity to start his little education with scripture and GOD's love.

1 comment:

Heather said...

that's great! i love it that my kids say the pledge to the flag, chrisitian flag and bible on a daily basis.

LOVE Christian education.

xo
HH