Voting

Sunday, February 19, 2012

GOING, GOING, GOING....

GONE!  I am enjoying watching Maddox on the go.  He is crawling all over the house now.  It is fun to watch.  I am sure because he is my baby.  For me, it is also because his older brothers never crawled prior to walking.  It is also sad, again, I am sure it is because he is my baby.  It is also a little nerve wracking since his big brothers have unsafe small toys in arm's reach.  I try to explain this to them, of course, but they are just 5 and 2 years old. 

Breastfeeding will also be gone soon : (  So sad!  Maddox is the caboose so this is it for me.  Mixed emotions for sure; mostly sad.  There is some feeling of relief since my body has not been mine for almost the past 4 years.  Pregnancy for almost a year with Evan and then 13 months of breastfeeding.  While still breastfeeding Evan I got pregnant with Maddox, essentially another year.   It has now been a year of breatfeeding him.  There is something empowering and amazing about knowing you are the one GOD has chosen - and equipped - to sustain your sweet angel's life.  There is definitely a sweet special bond and love shared while snuggling, soothing, and nurturing that precious baby.  Some of my favorite sweet pics of Maddox in my head are looking down at him in my arms with him asleep on my chest....that picture of security and serenity is incomparable.  The week after his birthday I dropped one of his four feedings to start the weaning process and gave him a sippy cup of whole milk, which he chugged and enjoyed.  We are now down to 3 feedings and probably should figure out my plan for dropping another one this week : (  Not quite ready to as I know this going as well and soon this will be going, going, GONE too!

No comments: