Voting

Monday, February 7, 2011

Postpartum Room

We hung out in our delivery room until 4:45pm and then we were wheeled to our postpartum room....room 210.  He nursed really well after birth and again about 30 minutes ago.  My food just came....thank you LORD...I am starving!!! I have not eaten since jello last night at about 10pm. 

He came quickly....everything so similar to Evan...the same amount of time from when I got settled in the labor & delivery room until he came as the amount of time Evan took from when they started the induction until he arrived.  3 pushes for both of them...a VERY fast arrival and they weighed the EXACT same...9lbs. 5.4 oz.  The differences....Evan was 21.5 inches long and Maddox is just 21 inches long.  Evan was an induction with pitocin; Maddox decided when he was going to enter this world and with zero pitocin.  Evan was one day late and Maddox is 8 days early.

It is funny how little the BIG brother seems now...only 7lbs. 4 oz and 19.75 inches long at birth.  He is a big boy now in the 80th percentile for height and weight; but compared to his LITTLE brothers he sure did enter this world smaller.

We are settled in our room and bonding.  I am going to eat while my food is still hot and before the big brothers and MiMi & PopPop get here to meet him....they are on their way.  That will be exciting; from what I hear Brady is VERY excited to meet his baby brother!

2 comments:

Laura D said...

I am so very proud of you and happy that Maddox has come into this workd on his own and that you got to experience birht naturally for your last child. God blessed you with Maddox and answered your prayers. I love you and can't wait to meet both Evan and Maddox. give the big brothers a big hug for me and a welcome kiss and hug to Maddox. I love you!! Can't wait to talk to you.........

The Hays Family said...

I cannot wait to meet Maddox! I am so glad that everything went well. I was thinking and praying for you guys all day today. Let me know if you need anything!